Homemade with Love Miela Tahril

Homemade with Love
This garlic and basil mayonnaise recipe was inspired by my friend Jennifer Perillo's fabulous new cookbook, Homemade with Love. As a longtime admirer of In Jennie's Kitchen, I expected her cookbook to be filled amazing recipes and gorgeous pictures, and it certainly was, but what I didn’t expect was to see my name and this blog mentioned on page 229!

That’s right, on Jennifer’s homemade mayonnaise recipe, we were credited with the always-impressive immersion blender method seen herein. She even called me a genius, which is obviously a very, very slight exaggeration. I feel kind of guilty since I didn’t invent this technique, but since I don’t remember who showed me, it’s just going to be easier to take credit.



Homemade with Love
Jennifer and I have very similar tastes, and if you like my videos I’m fairly sure you’ll love this book. I really enjoy when a cookbook author shares little stories and anecdotes to introduce the recipes, and she’s done that throughout. 

To understand where a recipe comes from, and why it’s being shared, always makes it more fun to cook and savor. That’s why I talk so much during my videos. Anyway, for more info, follow this link to Amazon where Homemade with Love is enjoying rave reviews. Enjoy!




Ingredients for 1 1/2 cups Garlic and Basil Mayonnaise:

(will last about 3-5 days)
1 cup basil leaves
3 cloves finely minced garlic
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
3/4 tsp salt, or to taste
cayenne and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil or a lighter tasting olive oil (or a combination of the two)
*For regular plain mayo, I generally recommend a neutral tasting vegetable oil like canola.

Homemade with Love Miela Tahril 9 out of 10 based on 10 ratings. 9 user reviews.

Di terbitkan pada :

Sunday, October 13, 2013

3 komentar:

Jackie Harrison said...

I definetly going to give this recipe a try its simple and it looks delicious, you know what they said the way we display our food its how we judge. How nice to have an an author give you recognition. Great video like how you use critter for egg discription for all the skeptical who in good reason afraid to get somenella.
http://tifi11.blogspot.com

M + K said...

oooohhh.... this looks delicious. We're definitely going to give this a go. you make it sound so simple!

http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

Anonymous said...

This sounds amazing! Thank you for the lovely comment on our blog <3 DId you want to follow each other? If so just let us know :) xx

www.junkjournal100.blogspot.co.uk

Post a Comment

Popular Posts