Grilled Jerk Pork Tenderloin – Because We're All a Little Jerky

Whenever I make this incredibly flavorful jerk spice marinade for chicken, I think to myself, “Man, I bet this would be great on pork tenderloin. I’ll have to try that next time.” Well, a few dozen summers have come and gone, and since I still hadn’t experienced that “next time,” I decided to finally try it, and it was great!

As expected, the spicy, aromatic marinade worked wonderfully with the lean, mild pork, and as long as you heed my warnings not to overcook the meat, you and your guests will be very happy with this. Of course your guests' happiness should be the most important thing to you, but let’s face it, it’s not.

No, a stunningly successful grilled recipe like this is all about you standing next to that platter of perfectly cooked pork – beer in one hand, tongs in the other – soaking in waves of compliments and adulation. Does that make you a Jerk jerk? Yeah, a little bit. Anyway, I hope you give this very easy recipe a try. Enjoy!


Ingredients for 6 portions:
2 (1 1/2-pound) pork tenderloins, trimmed, cut in 3 pieces each
1/2 bunch fresh thyme, about 1/3 cup picked leaves
1/2 chopped onion
1 to 4 Scotch Bonnet or Habanero peppers, seeded
4 garlic cloves
2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
1/4 cup white vinegar
2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp fine salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
*cook until at least 145 F. internal temp

Grilled Jerk Pork Tenderloin – Because We're All a Little Jerky 9 out of 10 based on 10 ratings. 9 user reviews.

Di terbitkan pada :

Monday, June 4, 2012

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts