Black Onion Relish – I’ve Never Wanted a Hot Dog So Badly in My Life!

This quick and very dirty recipe for black onion relish was quite delicious on grilled salmon, but with every bite I became more and more agitated, thinking about how utterly perfect this would have been on a grilled hot dog.

If you’re one of these enlightened souls that enjoy grilled onions on their ballpark franks, you will love this sweet and smoky condiment. 

There’s something about how the onion roasts in its own charred skin, buried in the white-hot coals, which brings a goodness not achievable in a pan. Believe me when I say, my next hot hog WILL be wearing this relish.

As usual, I played it straight with the seasonings, but if I had a dollar for every way you could adapt this relish recipe, I’d have enough money to pay someone to think of a real ending for this post. Enjoy!


Ingredients for about 1 1/2 cups:
2 yellow onions
1 red pepper
chopped parsley, to taste
cayenne, salt and pepper to taste
*Dress with oil and vinegar to taste - I used about 3 tbsp olive oil and 3 tbsp vinegar
Taste and adjust!

Black Onion Relish – I’ve Never Wanted a Hot Dog So Badly in My Life! 9 out of 10 based on 10 ratings. 9 user reviews.

Di terbitkan pada :

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts