Warm Goat Cheese & Peach Tartine – Open Face, Insert Summer

Warm Goat Cheese & Peach Tartine miela-tahril.blogspot.com
I usually don’t mention the time of year during these videos, since I have no way of knowing when someone will actually view them, but when it came to this goat cheese and peach tartine, I couldn’t help myself. For me, this is summer on a slice of bread. My apologies to those of you reading/watching this in February.

August is national goat cheese month (no, I don’t know who decides these things), and what better way to enjoy chèvre than by topping it with sweet, ripe, impossibly juicy peach slices? Mix in a little thyme and black pepper to keep things interesting, and you’re looking at a very special treat. Just make sure to use stale bread.

Warm Goat Cheese & Peach Tartine miela-tahril.blogspot.com
As I bemoaned in the clip, I used a fresh loaf, which while perfectly delicious, wasn’t perfect. Staler bread would have produced a crunchier stage for our co-stars, as there’s more then enough moisture provided by the cheese and fruit.

By the way, if you don’t have any day-old bread, but still want to enjoy this post haste, simply toss the toasted, olive-oiled slices into a 350 F. oven for a few minutes, to dry out and crisp up before you top with the cheese. Either way, you're in for a significantly tasty summer treat. I hope you give this a try soon (while it’s still summer!). Enjoy!


Ingredients for each Warm Goat Cheese & Peach Tartine:
1 thick slice French bread, sourdough or not
1 tbsp olive oil, or as needed
2 oz fresh goat cheese
3 slices fresh peach
fresh thyme leaves and freshly ground black pepper to taste
salt to taste

Warm Goat Cheese & Peach Tartine – Open Face, Insert Summer 9 out of 10 based on 10 ratings. 9 user reviews.

Di terbitkan pada :

Monday, December 9, 2013

1 komentar:

Jackie Harrison said...

Love goat cheese great recipe for entertaining.
http;//tifi11.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Popular Posts