Sweet Corn & Wild Mushroom Spoonbread – Best Cornbread Dressing I’ve Ever Accidentally Made!

It’s always nice when you start out making one thing, and it unexpectedly turns into something else, which ends up being far better than you expected. Such was the case with this quite homely, yet amazingly delicious sweet corn and wild mushroom spoonbread.

I was trying to do a simple, wild mushroom-studded, sweet corn casserole to reinforce our holiday side dish repertoire, and before I knew it, I was eating the best, most flavorful cornbread dressing I’d ever tasted. Not only that, but we completely eliminated the step of having to make corn bread first!

Of course, I wish I could do stuff like this on purpose, but like my golf buddies used to say, “better lucky, than good.” The only drawback, as I obsessed over in the video, was the less that stellar appearance when it came out of the oven. 

I may try some type of gratin topping next time, but honestly, this was so wonderful tasting that I can’t even pretend to be upset over such superficial concerns.  I hope you give it a try soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for 12 portions:
1/2 cup dried porcini mushroom pieces, softened in 1 cup hot tap water, squeezed dry
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon fine salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
cayenne to taste
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup milk
1 pound sweet corn, drained well
1/4 cup chopped green onions
oil to grease baking dish
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30-35 min

Sweet Corn & Wild Mushroom Spoonbread – Best Cornbread Dressing I’ve Ever Accidentally Made! 9 out of 10 based on 10 ratings. 9 user reviews.

Di terbitkan pada :

Monday, November 19, 2012

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts