Crab-Stuffed Corn Muffins – Just One Frosting Away From Being Cupcakes

I was originally going to call these “crab and corn cupcakes,” but since I’ve still not perfected my bacon frosting recipe, I decided to hold off and go with the slightly less exciting sounding “crab-stuffed corn muffins.” And no, I’m not kidding about the bacon frosting.

Besides, since these were inspired by the food wish for new, easy and interesting football party snacks, I think “muffins” sounds a little more gridiron than cupcakes. Regardless, they were simple to make, and (as I tested personally) quite delicious eaten while watching a football game, possibly with beer(s).

As some of you longtime viewers may have noticed, this is a variation on something we posted many years ago called “Kernel Porker's Barbecued Pork-Stuffed Corn Muffins,” and I always wondered how it would be with crabmeat. When I got the usual autumn avalanche of football-themed food wishes, I figured the time was right to find out, and I was very happy with the results!

As I mention in the video, they reminded me of a New England crab or lobster roll, where they simply pile warm, buttery seafood on those toasted rolls. This was heavier, but just as pleasurable. Anyway, unlike the replacement referees that are now calling the games, these didn’t suck, and certainly won’t be a season-long embarrassment to the league. I hope you give them a try soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for 12 Crab-stuffed Corn Muffins
For the crab filling:
8 oz crabmeat
1 1/2 tbsp mayo
1 tsp crushed red chili sauce
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp fresh grated lemon zest
2 oz grated pepper Jack cheese (about 1/2 cup)
salt to taste
For the corn muffins:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup corn meal
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp minced green onions
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup melted butter
Bake at 375 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes. Serve warm.

Crab-Stuffed Corn Muffins – Just One Frosting Away From Being Cupcakes 9 out of 10 based on 10 ratings. 9 user reviews.

Di terbitkan pada :

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts